Supervision of construction projects
Time served as at least 15-years’ experience in the offshore construction industry/petrochemical industry. • A high standard of general education. • Excellent communication skills (oral + written) in the English language
Saudi Nationals will be preferred as per IMI Policy
Primary Role & Accountability: Effective and consistent interaction with all management personnel, but particularly yard supervision and work force, around safety related issues is required.
• Regular attendance and delivery of TBT’s, Take 5’s and Safety Walks is required, along with strong leadership for IIRT’s, weekly management walkthroughs, HAZID and TRA development and reviews.
• Should possess full knowledge, and understanding and endorsement of all IMIs HSEQ policies, procedures, rules, regulations and certification requirements and ensure the same is communicated to the team on a regular basis.
• Ensure the day-to-day running of the project is functioning in accordance with the IMI Systems, QA and project priorities and liaise with the various departments as necessary.
• Must display a high affinity for IMIs values and through management of the team, make these values set the key behaviors of the team.
• Establish continuity of information from Engineering to Production to enable a smooth flow of work throughout the project. Engage regularly with engineering through formal and informal meetings to deal with and all issues and related mitigations as early as possible.
• Drive a strong schedule adherence culture in the team by consistent schedule review, monitoring, management and execution through use of schedule delay analysis, look ahead and reforecasting tools.
• Ensure manpower resources are allocated appropriately to execute the works according to the schedule and consistently drive toward organised and productive output from direct and indirect discipline labour, using tools to monitor, measure against budget and constantly strive for improvement.
• Manage the team to deliver first time, right quality across all disciplines, through the construction phases, mechanical completion and into commissioning using Project Controls.
• Manage the team to ensure there is a consistent focus on a high level of detailed scope understanding and early and formal issue identification, tracking and mitigation.
• Maintain a high level control around cost of all construction consumables and equipment utilised in the construction process.
• Responsible for managing all construction interfaces of awarded sub-contracts, around safety, quality, and schedule. • Possess strong initiative around decision making and ability to conceptualize plans and technical solutions to deal with a wide array of construction issues.
• Liaise with the key client representatives to ensure all Company’s obligations are met under the contract. Support operations including major lifts and marine activities, marine activities and the utilization of IMI equipment and hired equipment.
HSE - Accountability and initiative taken for managing, maintaining and improving the JV Co.’s health, safety and environmental performance.
• Commitment to Quality - Ensure continual process improvement alongside an ethos that is committed to ensuring that performance expectations of all assets are continually met.
• Planning & Organising - Apt at developing long and short-term plans
• Communication - To be clear and decisive
• Situation Management - Dynamic decision making where required
• Leadership - Ability to effectively communicate strategic direction through sound logical, commercial and technical reasoning, with all functional areas in the organization. Promote a “can-do” team spirit creating a culture of high standards, work ethic and job satisfaction within the department
• Business Acumen - Experienced in developing, implementing and sustaining new business directions/functions with appropriate commercial and technical acumen.