You will have a solid educational background as a Bachelor or Master level as engineer or a similar technical background such as Chief Engineer or significant Project Lead experience for New Build projects with budgets over $250million USD.
• You have a strong track record relevant project management and leadership experience, preferably from the oil and gas offshore industry from a Drilling, Rig or EPC contractor.
• The preferred candidate with have extensive offshore rig experience preferably MODU Jackups or Liftboats
KSA National Preferred as per IMI policy
The Project Manager is responsible for monitoring all project activities and interfacing with project personnel to maintain at all times, an understanding of each area of project activity. Provide directions for execution of the projects. Ensure projects are executed as per client’s requirements and meet the HSE, Quality, Cost and Schedule objectives. Responsible for the overall commercial and operational execution of the Project in accordance with requirement from Company and its Client in terms of quality and time schedule. The Project Manager will act as Company's representative in coordinating and working with various supporting sections and departments of the Company, as well the Client, Regulatory Bodies, Sub-contractors, and Vendors during the entire execution of the Project. The Project Manager will lead the delivery from initial engineering, through construction, to commissioning and hand-over of the Rig/s with the support of Project Management Team (PMT) and act as the primary budget holder for the project as a whole.
As the Project Manager for major rig projects within IMI, you will be the hands-on operational lead for the project as a whole; including on site supervision either offshore or during a port or yard timeline. Your key role will be to:-
• Provide leadership and support to project team members.
• Actively set stretched targets and seek opportunities to improve our performance.
• Be responsible for the budget and ensure continued cost control and budget forecasting throughout the project.
• Monitor and report on project key parameters to key stakeholders, and engage with them in discussions about continuous improvements
• Ensure that IMI corporate and project principles and procedures are followed and actively help improve same.
• Provide support and guidance to the Project Team in general within your areas of expertise and knowledge. Your key accountability will be to:-
• Responsible for dealing with day-to-day issues of various sections of a two-year multi-million dollar Rig Construction project. - Responsible for providing overall guideline and strategies to execute the Project. - To be responsible for providing and approve all important procedures that will govern the execution of the project - Organizing, coordinating and managing all personnel in PMT to achieve objective - Weekly and monthly reporting to Company's board and client on all aspects of project with the support of Planning and Project Control Team
HSE - Accountability and initiative taken for managing, maintaining and improving the JV Co.’s health, safety and environmental performance.
• Commitment to Quality - Ensure continual process improvement alongside an ethos that is committed to ensuring that performance expectations of all assets are continually met.
Resilient under stress and capable of managing competing priorities Well-developed presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills Be Physically fit, and able to complete a full medical Demonstrates ability to listen to the views of others and respond in a logical, well thought out manner without the need to resort to authority
• Planning & Organising - Apt at developing long and short-term plans
• Communication - To be clear and decisive
• Situation Management - Dynamic decision making where required
• Leadership - Ability to effectively communicate strategic direction through sound logical, commercial and technical reasoning, with all functional areas in the organization. Promote a “can-do” team spirit creating a culture of high standards, work ethic and job satisfaction within the department
• Business Acumen - Experienced in developing, implementing and sustaining new business directions/functions with appropriate commercial and technical acumen